Submissions from Readers


by Diane jacques
(Atlanta, Georgia)

Question: My son is 33, and he had a stroke. He graduated with a special ed diploma on a 5th grade level and he wants his dad there but the facility won’t let him, so today he cried. He isn’t trying to do anything. He just lays there with eyes closed. What can I do? I need help doing rehab at home with nurse and therapists.

Answer: You can get the MD to issue home health orders for a nurse, CNA, and therapy. They normally will only come out several days a week, however, so if you need help daily or around the clock, you may have to look into paid caregiver options. Some states have special assistance. You indicate that you live in Georgia, so you should check with your state to see if they have programs to help you with his care or that may pay you to be a caregiver. Here are some websites that might be helpful in Georgia:>

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Stroke Rehabilitation Questions.

Shop for rehab products at Amazon

 If you would like to ask your medical questions to a doctor, visit

Stroke Rehab Guide

Exercises Included   $ 14.99

Recent Articles

  1. Stroke after a year

    Oct 10, 21 07:56 AM

    Question: My husband had a stroke a year ago. He has no paralysis, just a lot of joint pain. He has complained of left side stabbing pain in his head

    Read More

  2. Lies of Care

    Aug 25, 21 08:22 AM

    Question Mom had a stroke in 2019. Since then she let the oldest child take over, treats the other children mean, and will not go to her neurologist.

    Read More

  3. Loss of Sensation

    Jun 21, 21 10:04 AM

    Answers to questions about loss of sensation after stroke.

    Read More



Get your stroke rehab questions answered by a therapist! CLICK HERE

Share your stroke
treatment or exercise
Click Here

Share your stroke survival storyCLICK HERE!

Shop for rehab products at Amazon