Submissions from Readers



Question: Hello! I had a massive ischemic stroke back in 2011 and still cannot walk. As a result I also have very poor balance I have fractured my pelvis 3 times from falling. Is there a way to improve very poor balance. Thank you.

Answer: In your case, I think you need to consult with a physical therapist who specializes in working with stroke patients. Many therapists will say they have experience, but you want someone that has a verified history of working with difficult cases and helping them to stand/walk (ask if they have reviews/or get a referral from someone). If you have exhausted therapy, then you might see if you could find an experienced personal trainer who has worked with stroke patients and injuries. The key is that you need a professional who has a lot of experience. I would say you also need to go to a facility that has specialized equipment to help you. With the number of falls and injuries you've had, I would definitely work with a trained professional rather than trying to do something on your own.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Stroke Rehabilitation Questions.

Stroke Rehab Guide      Exercises Included!  

Get your stroke rehab questions answered by a therapist! CLICK HERE

Recent Articles

  1. Stroke Survivor Experiences

    Aug 18, 19 03:47 PM

    Read stories and get inspiration from stroke survivors.

    Read More

  2. Vision Problems and Therapy After Stroke

    Jun 20, 19 07:28 AM

    Answers to stroke patients' questions about vision problems and vision therapy.

    Read More

  3. Muscle weakness

    Apr 29, 19 07:25 AM

    Question What shall I do with my weak ankle evertors? I'm having trouble when walking. Answer: Ankle issues are not uncommon after stroke. If you have

    Read More

Share your stroke
treatment or exercise
Click Here

Share your stroke survival story - CLICK HERE!