Submissions from Readers

Semi-paralysis of mouth muscles

by Norma Lopez
(Austin, Texas)

Question: What can an elderly eat after having a stroke that semi-paralyzed his left mouth muscles?

Answer: I recommend having an evaluation by a speech language pathologist (speech therapist). The speech therapist can then let you know in what ways his diet can be modified and what is safe (and unsafe) to eat. The therapist can also suggest exercises to help. If he had an evaluation in the hospital, but you did not receive this specific information, I would still go for another evaluation where you are present and can ask questions.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Stroke Rehabilitation Questions.

Search this website:

Stroke Rehab Guide 

Exercises Included!


Share your stroke survival story